Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Can't Wait Wedensday #6 - The Crown's Fate


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for... The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye


Expected Publication: May 16, 2017 by Balzer + Bray
Goodreads

Quick Synopsis:
Perfect for fans of Shadow and Bone and Red Queen, The Crown's Fate is the thrilling sequel to the New York Times bestselling The Crown's Game, an atmospheric historical fantasy set in Imperial Russia. 

Russia is on the brink of great change. Pasha's coronation approaches, and Vika is now the Imperial Enchanter, but the role she once coveted may be more difficult--and dangerous--than she ever expected.

Why I Can't Wait:
I didn't jump right on the bandwagon when The Crown's Game started making waves in the bookish community and I regret it! After seeing nothing but amazing reviews, even from reviewers that tend to pick books apart, I gave it a chance and absolutely loved it. I wanted the sequel as soon as I finished and I still want it. 
The full synopsis (on Goodreads) kind of spoils things about a certain someone that we thought was dead, but really, that just makes me want to read it even more. I'm really looking forward to the 'war' aspect that should be coming soon, too! 

What book are you waiting for this week? Have you read The Crown's Game? 

7 comments:

  1. OOoh GREAT pick!! I can't wait to binge read this series!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed the first book though it took me forever to come around to finally reading it! I wasn't interested at all until I saw so many good reviews for it! :)

      Delete
  2. The Russia setting is nice, I'm not sure I've read anythnig set in Russia? This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read much fantasy, but I have to admit that this series sounds really good. I may have to check it out. I hope you enjoy reading this book.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot of good things about this series! I have to check it out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one too. Enjoy!

    Renee - My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAAAS!!!! I'm waiting on this one, too!! Great minds, you know? Lol. Yeah, I've seen all the rave reviews for "The Crown's Game", so I need to read that one, and then get to this one. Oh, this is going to be an AMAZING reading experience!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my CWW post!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete