Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #5 - The Freemason's Daughter by Shelley Sackier


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for... The Freemason's Daughter by Shelley Sackier


Expected Publication: April 11, 2017
by Harper Teen
Goodreads

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Saying good-bye to Scotland is the hardest thing that Jenna MacDuff has had to do--until she meets Lord Pembroke. Jenna's small clan has risked their lives traveling the countryside as masons secretly drumming up support and arms for the exiled King James Stuart to retake the British throne. But their next job brings them into enemy territory: England. 

Jenna's father repeatedly warns her to trust no one, but when the Duke of Keswick hires the clan to build a garrison on his estate, it seems she cannot hid her capable mind from the duke's inquisitive son, Lord Alex Pembroke--nor mask her growing attraction to him. But there's a covert plan behind the building of the garrison, and soon Jenna must struggle not only to keep her newfound friendship with Alex from her father, but also to keep her father's treason from Alex. 

Will Jenna decide to keep her family's mutinous secrets and assist her clan's cause, or protect the life of the young noble she's falling for?

Why I Can't Wait: 
This is being marketed as Outlander for teens. I only recently read Outlander and loved it but I had this on my radar before then because I love historical fiction. I've been on a historical fiction kick lately, mostly with movies and tv shows and I'm dying to fit a few books into my busy TBR. Thanks to Outlander, I'm doubly interested in historical fiction set in Scotland so this just sounds perfect! 

What books are you looking forward to?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Totally new to me! Sounds intriguing! I do like time traveling when done right!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Outlander, so any books that are similar, I would probably enjoy :D I also can't wait for this one too! Fabulous WoW pick :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a good historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete