Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #3 - Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for... Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson


Expected Publication: May 30, 2017 
by Scholastic Press

Goodreads Synopsis: 
On her eighteenth birthday, Princess Evelayn of Eadrolan, the Light Kingdom, can finally access the full range of her magical powers. The light looks brighter, the air is sharper, and the energy she can draw when fighting feels almost limitless. 

But while her mother, the queen, remains busy at the war front, in the Dark Kingdom of Dorjhalon, the corrupt king is plotting. King Bain wants control of both kingdoms, and his plan will fling Evelayn onto the throne much sooner than she expected. 

In order to defeat Bain and his sons, Evelayn will quickly have to come into her ability to shapeshift, and rely on the alluring Lord Tanyir. But not everyone is what they seem, and the balance between the Light and Dark comes at a steep price. 

Why I Can't Wait For It: 
I have a sister who reads a lot of shifter romance and I don't want to dog it until I try it but romance isn't my thing. I've read some dragon-shifter fantasy that was pretty cool but it's been a while so I'm very willing to read something with shifters as long as it's fantasy. Other than that, I do really enjoy fantasy like this that focuses on the balance between good and evil, with evil kings, and wars and such. 

16 comments:

  1. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this one! I'm intrigued! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one sounds like a good read as well. I may have to check it out. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just scheduled this for a future CWW/WOW, so definitely one I'm super excited about as well!!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! The more I see other's talking about it, the more I want to read it! :D

      Delete
  4. This definitely sounds like a good one! I've only read two by this author, but really liked both of them. Great pick!
    I can't wait for Fame and Secrets this Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! This will be my first time reading this author if I can get my hands on it! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting. Hope you love it! My pick is Southern Fried - a humorous mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to find more humorous mysteries to read! They sound like a lot of fun but aren't usually what I grab for.

      Delete
  6. Oooh! This cover looks gorgeous! I hope you enjoy this book!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing this one all over Instagram; it seems to be getting some good buzz, so perhaps that indicative of it being a great story! Hope you enjoy, Stacy - and thank you so much for visiting Finding Wonderland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this book on my Goodreads shelves. AWESOME pick!! I love fantasy, especially if it's YA. And that cover!! LOVE it! I've seen this book on other blogs, too. I know all of us who are waiting will enjoy reading it!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own CWW post!! Hope you're having a GREAT week!! :)

    ReplyDelete