Sunday, June 30, 2019

June 2019 Reading Wrap Up


Hello readers!

How's the start of summer been treating you?
It's been extra hot here lately so we've attempted to spend more time indoors this month. I had more time to read in the first half of the month but the last week or so was filled with adventures and I didn't have the chance to blog so I'm going to need to catch up with reviews soon! 

Books I Read in June
Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
Mera: Tidebreaker (graphic novel)
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo
Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes
Stranger Things: The Other Side (graphic novel)

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Nim's Island by Wendy Orr



Picture Books We Reviewed in June
We received and reviewed (for free) three new Margaret Wise Brown picture books from Silver Dolphin Books! Count to 10 with a Mouse, Sleep Tight Sleepy Bears, and The Diggers.



We received Nat Geo Kids' Captain Aquatica's Awesome Ocean by Jess Cramp from the publisher as well and dug into it and The Sea Book by Charlotte Milner for World Ocean Day



And of course we fit in a few others!

    



More book reviews I shared in June


I read Flush by Carl Hiaasen (because I loved Chomp!) and should have a review up for Hoot soon!
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll is a graphic horror novel collection of short stories and I really enjoyed it.


I also got my reviews of Shadow and Bone and its sequel Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo up. I'm still last-minute reading Ruin and Rising so I'll have that review up next month! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful July! Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment