Thursday, April 30, 2020

APRIL 2020 Reading Wrap Up

Isolated April Wrap Up

April feels like it flew by now that it's over. I honestly can't think of a single defining moment of the month. It's almost like every day has just blended into the next. It's cool though. I'm an isolation pro.

I've been focused on yoga and meditation, gardening, and my late-night writing project, as well as trying to maintain normalcy for my five-year-old through all the changes we've had to make in our own home. Luckily, she's a smart cookie and we had previously learned all about the human body as well as germs and how they affect us, so moving on to viruses was easy and she was understanding of the new precautions we have had to take.

We gave in this week and got the new Animal Crossing to play together. It's actually quite fun and educational. My Little loves that she can do what she already loves to do in real life like catch and observe bugs, fish, and run around in nature! You can even collect fossils and she has always loved dinosaurs. It's great for our rainy days when we have to stay inside and has fueled her love of learning!

I did not get to read much more than I did in March but my concentration was better and I enjoyed everything I read.
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek was my favorite read of the month. I couldn't put it down.

Books I Finished in April 2020


Back the Beatlist / Tackle My TBR
March: +3
April: +
Persepolis
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
The Black Moon 


New Release Challenge
March: 0
April: +1
What Stars Are Made Of
April: +1 = 8/50
A book recommended by your fave blog, podcast, or online book club or A book with a book on the cover: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek 

Read Harder Challenge
7/24
April: +1
Persepolis

1001 Books to Read Before You Grow Up__/1001
April: +1

The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells




April Music:
I love music. Music heals.
I'm always on the lookout for something new that speaks to me and here's what I listened to the most this month.
 links to youtube

River of Darkness by The Midnight
Needed by Rhye
Pretty Lady by Tash Sultana
Lover Chanting by Little Dragon
Timesink by Lorn



GOODBYE APRIL!
How was your month, readers? How many books did you read and/or what was your favorite read?!
Follow

1 comment:

  1. I’m an isolation pro too! That does mean April was pretty boring. I mostly just read, exercised, and watched TV. I hope you have a good May!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete