Sunday, April 19, 2020

The Sunday Post - 2020 Week 16 - Veggies & Stuff


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, bloggers!

I can't believe it's already Sunday again.


Anyone interested in how my garden is growing?!
 It's really all I have to talk about.
I have blossoms on my pole beans, peppers, and squash. There's a variety of green tomatoes and baby cukes at the moment and I think my radishes are ready to pull! We successfully started some pumpkin seedlings this week as well.
Other than the veggies, my 8yo hibiscus is blooming a few flowers a day and the star jasmine is covered and smells lovely. We've been in a drought but had a nice heavy storm the other day so we've had a few wild lilies pop up in the yard! I'm really looking forward to them blooming!

On the covid front, I'm still trying to figure out how to tackle the extra workload and keep my active and social 5yo entertained all day long, as usual. Everything else seems to fall to the sides and I try to pick it up at night when I should be sleeping. I really need more time in the day.

Memes that seem appropriate:



Currently Reading:


I've been in a bit of a slump lately and decided to dig into this book that I see recommended constantly in my women's book groups, and was hooked from the start! It's a fantastic read!

Recently Finished:

This was my graphic novel choice of the month and I'm kicking myself for not reading this sooner! I really enjoyed it.

Recently Posted Reviews:


I reviewed My Ocean is Blue by Darren Labeuf and Crocodile's Crossing: A Search For Home by Yoeri Slegers for Netgalley and What Stars Are Made Of by Sarah Allen was a Goodreads Giveaway win about a 12yo girl with Turner Syndrome! 


What I'm Watching:Nothing, not even as background noise. 

What I'm Listening To:
Move On by Milosh


I hope you're all staying safe and reading all the things!
Have a great week!

Follow

19 comments:

  1. Congrats on the growing garden! I remember when I was little my grandpa used to grow tomatoes. We've always had dogs in our yard, growing anything back there is too challenging, grass included! Lol!

    Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom always had a lovely little yard but now she has two big dogs so that's out the window! It's so hard to keep the grass growing!
      Heading over to your STS! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. A garden sounds really good right now. Enjoy!

    Thanks for sharing your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really keeping me occupied, at least! It's great to watch things grow and bloom. :)
      Thank you and I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I don't know how people are taking care of their children, helping them with their schooling, and working. Amazing!

    I am getting great happiness from my garden right now. Our kale is still abundant, and our beans and squash and cucumbers are flowering.

    Please stay safe and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm so thankful for the resources that have become available. My daughter is loving BookFlix since we can't visit the library.
      I'm happy that you have a garden as well! It's really saving my sanity right now!
      Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that's a great start on the garden. My lettuce and spinach are ready. But the chard, tomatoes and herbs are just starting. I planted at different times. I am grateful my daughter is able to entertain herself. I have more time because I am not driving her to things or shopping. Although I am cooking a bit more at home.

    Stay safe and have a great week! Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had better luck with herbs from seeds! I always end up buying them from the store!
      Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay for gardening. I'm constantly going outside to check the progress, too! I'm so happy my kids are grown because I'd be going nuts if I had to try and home school them and work! Although, my husband would be stuck with them because I still travel in (I'm an ultrasound tech at a hospital). I'm sure I'd have to come home and work with them on their schoolwork though, because somehow that ended up falling on me even though we both work. So yeah, glad the kids are grown! Good luck with your five year old! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad mine is too little to fully homeschool but we've been in 'practice mode' to figure out what works for us for months. I've definitely cut back lately to ease up on the workload though. I feel for everyone crisis-schooling right now!
      Have a great week and thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. I don't have anything to talk about on a weekly basis either. I'd love to talk about gardens but I'm just not having time to work on it. :sob:

    I'm with you - I'm running out of creative ideas to keep my kids engaged. It's a lot of work and I'm going through lists of things but sometimes, I just want to do something for myself, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely understand needing some me time! I'm terrible at making it a reality but these days it seems extra important! We're really cutting back on activities lately and it seems to help but now we're dealing with boredom again. Never ending story! :)

      Delete
  7. Your garden sounds awesome! We wanted to get one started this year but so far it's not going so well. lol I love veggies from the garden though, they're the best!

    That meme about adulting is so true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree! Fruits and veggies just taste so much better when you grow them yourself! I hope all is well with you! Stay safe!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to hear your garden is doing well! That's wonderful. It can be tough for me to focus on reading, but I think April is going better than March at least. Ooh I love Persepolis! I'm glad you finally read it and enjoyed it too. And entertaining a five year old all day, everyday HAS to be tough!! If you need ideas for entertainment, etc. let me know!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately I have a black thumb, it sounds like you have a knack for gardening though - enjoy the veggies (and that five minutes of peace LOL)

    Wishing you a great reading week and good health

    ReplyDelete
  10. I envy those who have more free-time during this crisis, but then I am grateful I have a job and am in a position where I can work at home at least most of the time for now. It really is a challenge fitting everything in, isn't it? We do the best we can though.

    Your garden sounds wonderful. I am glad it seems to be thriving. I am so terrible when it comes to anything plant-like. My roses survive of their own free will, I think.

    I've been really curious about Richardson's book and am glad you enjoyed it. I love Persepolis. I hope you have a good week. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the tweets. I’m quarantined with a 1 year old. There isn’t much time for hobbies! I hope you’re having a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! This is the perfect time for gardening.

    ReplyDelete