Thursday, July 18, 2013

Booking Through Thursday #10



Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday.


Do your reading habits change in the summer? Do you take your books outside more? Do you curl up in the air conditioning? Do you read fluff instead of serious books? Are you too busy playing in the sun or gardening or whatever to read much at all?

I've been out of school for a long time so 'summer reading' doesn't really exist for me. Of course, I read during the summer, but it's the same reading habits that I have throughout the rest of the year. I don't particularly enjoy 'fluff' novels and/or summer romance and I don't read contemporary fiction very often either. I tend to read the same things that I'd read at any other time of the year.
This year, I've decided to attempt to read more fantasy novels because I wasn't able to go camping or to the beach or anything and decided that I could have my adventures through reading.
The internet, and all the young people that are doing their summer reading has kind of made me think of 'summer reading' a bit more than usual, but no, nothing is different for me.

Before I moved to the house I am currently in, I had a great place to hang my hammock and chill out and read. This house has no trees close enough together to hang one which makes me very sad. Because of that, and because the lack of trees means less shade, I do not go outside to read much. I do live right next to a lake, so I could walk out and sit on a picnic table but there are no park benches so that seems a little pointless to me as well. I really need some nice lawn furniture or something.

I'm never too busy to read. Camp NaNoWriMo was this month and I've actually been reading more than writing. I can set goals and hope to do other things, but I always come back to reading.

3 comments:

  1. Love the sound of "adventures through reading"! That's exactly what reading should mean. Hope you find some great reads this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living vicariously through books sounds very cool. Here's mine Backchatting Books BTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a great reading life year round. :) Here's my btt post http://thecraftyhome.net/2013/07/btt-summer-reading-redux/

    ReplyDelete