Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stacking The Shelves #11

 
 
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review. 

THRIFT STORE FINDS

I got pretty lucky this week. I wasn't even going to stop in at the thrift store but I ended up pulling in at the last second and left my fiancé in the vehicle, promising that I would be quick. He already knows that 'quick' doesn't mean much of anything anymore when it comes to books. I found a nearly brand-new hardcover copy of The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (which was perfect because I recently read The Lost Hero and need to continue the series) and a paperback copy of Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I went to check out and was told that I could get 4 hardcovers for a dollar and 6 paperbacks for a dollar or I would have to pay 80 cents for each. So I went in search for more. Sure, I payed 40 cents more than I would have, but I got ten books for $2. That means I got this beauty for 25 cents. There aren't even any scratches or dents on the dust jacket.

 
There wasn't much of a selection but I found some fantasy and even though I already own really old copies of The Lord of the Rings (and when I say old, I mean from the 70's or 80's) I needed 6 paperbacks so I went ahead and got them. Now if I want to re-read them without worrying about the old ones falling apart, I can. :)


FOR REVIEW
(NETGALLEY)
 

[This is the 3rd book in the 'Gentlemen Bastards' series. I bought the first, 'The Lies of Locke Lamora', when it first came out and LOVED it. I found the second, 'Red Seas Under Red Skies', a few years ago at a thrift store. When this third book comes out, I will NEED to buy it to add to the first two. As it is, it's been so long since I read them that I'm going to need to re-read them to refresh my memory. I'm actually looking forward to it, though.]
 

 
KINDLE FREEBIES
 These might not be free anymore. If they are, there will be a red Amazon link.
 
 
 
Make sure to check out my Freebie Friday post for more Kindle freebies!
_________________________
 
 
What did you add to your shelves this week?

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Follow the blog via bloglovin. Thrift Stores are a great way to find a bargain. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read The Lightning Thief, but I'll need to continue on with the series too.
    I hope you enjoy all your books! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love used books and I love Rick Riordan. Great stack!

    My STS:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! Margaret Weis is one of my favorite authors! Anne McCaffrey too? LOTR...great picks. Happy Reading!
    Following via GFC and Google+
    Here are my newest additions. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete