Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stacking The Shelves #11

 
 
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review. 

THRIFT STORE FINDS

I got pretty lucky this week. I wasn't even going to stop in at the thrift store but I ended up pulling in at the last second and left my fiancé in the vehicle, promising that I would be quick. He already knows that 'quick' doesn't mean much of anything anymore when it comes to books. I found a nearly brand-new hardcover copy of The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (which was perfect because I recently read The Lost Hero and need to continue the series) and a paperback copy of Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I went to check out and was told that I could get 4 hardcovers for a dollar and 6 paperbacks for a dollar or I would have to pay 80 cents for each. So I went in search for more. Sure, I payed 40 cents more than I would have, but I got ten books for $2. That means I got this beauty for 25 cents. There aren't even any scratches or dents on the dust jacket.

 
There wasn't much of a selection but I found some fantasy and even though I already own really old copies of The Lord of the Rings (and when I say old, I mean from the 70's or 80's) I needed 6 paperbacks so I went ahead and got them. Now if I want to re-read them without worrying about the old ones falling apart, I can. :)


FOR REVIEW
(NETGALLEY)
 

[This is the 3rd book in the 'Gentlemen Bastards' series. I bought the first, 'The Lies of Locke Lamora', when it first came out and LOVED it. I found the second, 'Red Seas Under Red Skies', a few years ago at a thrift store. When this third book comes out, I will NEED to buy it to add to the first two. As it is, it's been so long since I read them that I'm going to need to re-read them to refresh my memory. I'm actually looking forward to it, though.]
 

 
KINDLE FREEBIES
 These might not be free anymore. If they are, there will be a red Amazon link.
 
 
 
Make sure to check out my Freebie Friday post for more Kindle freebies!
_________________________
 
 
What did you add to your shelves this week?

5 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Follow the blog via bloglovin. Thrift Stores are a great way to find a bargain. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read The Lightning Thief, but I'll need to continue on with the series too.
    I hope you enjoy all your books! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love used books and I love Rick Riordan. Great stack!

    My STS:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great books this week. Here is my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! Margaret Weis is one of my favorite authors! Anne McCaffrey too? LOTR...great picks. Happy Reading!
    Following via GFC and Google+
    Here are my newest additions. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete