Thursday, July 4, 2013

Booking Through Thursday #8

 
 
Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday.
 

So, Fourth of July here in the USA … Do you ever read books that could be considered patriotic? Rousing stories of heroes? History? Brave countrymen & women doing bold things?
What would you recommend if somebody asked you for something patriotic–no matter what your country?
Be as specific or as general as you like?


Truthfully, no, I don't think I ever have. I stay far away from political fiction/non-fiction and while I do like historical fiction, I don't tend to read books about American history. Learning it year after year throughout school was enough and I've always been more interested in the history of other countries.

If someone asked for something patriotic to read, I would have NO idea what to recommend and would probably go search Listopia on Goodreads.

And since I'm no good at answering today's question, have a gif that I made last year.

 
Happy Independence Day, fellow Americans!
Enjoy the fireworks!



1 comment:

  1. It is interesting the number of people who have said they had to read patriotic books at school and then avoided it like the plague ever since. Rather defeats the educators' intent, doesn't it? I went for "To Kill a Mockingbird" with my post http://backchattingbooks.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/booking-through-thursday-patriotism

    ReplyDelete