Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon Goals

 
 
The Summer Lovin’ Readathon is a week-long readathon event hosted by seven independent bloggers! (Oh, Chrys!, Tumbling Books, Effortlessly Reading, Love Life Read, Shelf Addiction, Read Sleep Repeat, and Reviewing Wonderland)

Spend the week reading at your own pace, when and how you want too.
 There will be daily challenges for awesome prizes and opportunities to get points toward the Grand Prize Packs.
As if that weren’t enough – the week will end with a 24-hr marathon readathon! Twitter parties, mini-challenges, games, prizes given EVERY HOUR, and more chances to get points toward the Grand Prize Packs.

Sign-ups will be open through July 6th.
__________________________________________________

CLASS ORIENTATION

Hi! My name is Stacy Renee. I'm from Florida (United States) where it is practically always summer. We have cold months but the leaves don't change colors so I can't call that Fall and it doesn't snow and it usually hot around Christmas so I can't call that Winter. :(
I've been reading for the majority of my life. There was nothing special that got me into it at a certain age because I've just always been a reader. My mom taught me to read when I was 2-3 and I've been doing it ever since. I did have a pretty crappy childhood and homelife so reading was a big escape for me as a kid. I've always been fondest of the fantasy genre. I prefer made up worlds to reality even to this day.
___________________________________
 
Today starts the read-a-thon and I'm already behind thanks to everything I decided to do this month while still trying to get things done from June. It really doesn't help that I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo or that today and tomorrow are my fiancé's days off this week and we had plans. Wednesday night is my town's fireworks celebrations and the fourth of July is obviously going to be pretty busy as well. And on top of all that, I still have to update this blog with memes and reviews daily! It's okay, though. I love a challenge and a bigger workload keeps me from procrastinating so much.
 
Other than stating my goals in this post, I won't be updating on this blog every day. Instead I will make an end of the read-a-thon 'wrap-up' post showing what I read, how many hours I spent reading, how many pages I read, etc.
I will be updating my progress on Twitter so be sure to follow me @LazyDayLit or track the #SummerLovin13 tag. :)
 
BOOK GOALS
(subject to change)
 
~ Read 150 - 200 pages a day
~ Read at least 4 books
 
Books I may or may not be reading:
I'm using this read-a-thon as an excuse to finish the ebook of The Bridge of Dead Things by Michael Gallagher. I've been sidetracked by all of my library books these past few weeks and haven't had the chance to read it.
 
I'm also going to try to stick to fantasy novels after that since I am writing fantasy and I think staying within the genre might be a good idea.
 
Dragon's Bait by Vivian Vande Velde
The Moon and the Face by Patricia A. McKillip
Thief's Covenant by Ari Marmell
Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
The Key to Rondo by Emily Rodda
Wayward Spirits by Brian Rathbone (Ebook)
__________________________________________________
 
Are you participating in any read-a-thons this month?


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the read-a-thon and NaNoWriMo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've made my word count goal for the day and it's still early! I guess I should spend the rest of the day reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are going to be seriously busy this week! Good luck on all your goals, and happy reading! :)

    ~ Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete