Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Sunday Post #72 - August Blues

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

It has been an uneventful week here, thank goodness. I haven't been on top of things this week despite that there wasn't much going on. I didn't get much blogging done or read very much. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed again thanks to my library holds all coming in at once right when I'm in the middle of 2 challenges that sort of dictate what I can read. I'm breaking the rules anyway though since I'd been waiting on one book for 9 months (The Handmaid's Tale). Hopefully I can focus on reading and blogging more next week!

A few snapshots from my week.

NEW TO MY SHELVES
 Part of my secondhand books haul from last week, what I received in the mail, and my latest library haul. All in Insta-Story format because I apparently can't be bothered to take pictures of anything anymore unless it's for bookstagram... 

WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Picture Book Review: Tidy by Emily Gravett
Book Review: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Can't Wait Wednesday: All The Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater

RECENTLY READ

CURRENTLY READING

CURRENTLY LISTENING
I finally got this back on Overdrive. I'm only about 14 hours into the 45 hour audio though so who knows if I'll find the time to get even half way through it. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have many audiobook choices so I guess I don't really mind that this one is going to take me forever. 

BOOKSTAGRAM
I'm also linking up to Book Photo Sundays via Rabbit Ears Book Blog!

I'm really loving my bright blue theme right now!
By the way, in case you are interested, I am doing a Follow Train right now! The plan is that my sister and I will be co-hosting a Sarah J. Maas themed giveaway (on instagram) when we reach 1K followers and we're over 900 right now so it won't be long! I painted a special bookmark for this giveaway and it's gorgeous!
Follow me on Instagram!



Have a wonderful week! Happy Reading! 

14 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see what you think of the audiobook of IT. I'd love to get a copy but don't want to spend the money in case it is poor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the narrator is doing a great job considering how many characters there are! I'm borrowing it on Overdrive through my library so maybe that's a better option than purchasing it? It is really pricey!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I don't have the best opinion yet since I'm not very far into it, but I'm right at about 15 hours in and not a lot has happened yet. I forgot how much character development King does with his stories!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, to my opinion even the first 700 pages were slow..
      It took me 4 months to read it, but I was not disappointed!
      IT has a special place in my heart :)

      Delete
    3. I feel like this audiobook is probably going to take me just as long considering that I can only borrow it for 2 weeks at a time and I don't have much time to listen to it! But I'm going to stick it out because I know King's books are amazing. :)

      Delete
  3. The cover for IT is so terrifying and I am now recalling all the creepy feels I had when I watched that mini-series as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT is really creepy! I love the newer white cover with the big clown smile on it! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read IT in years...and the movie was scary, too.

    The Handmaid's Tale was one I loved...read it twice.

    I really need to start getting books from the library, though, as my TBR is pretty extensive (mostly on Kindle).

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Handmaid's Tale is going to be a tough read, but also so important. I'm always glad for new adaptations because they push me to read books out of my comfort zone or what I'd normally read! :)

      Delete
  5. That's about how it goes with the library holds. They all come in. All of them. :) Enjoy them all.

    Happy reading,
    Jenea's Book Obsession's Sunday's Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice book haul! And love the look of Red Sun, very cool cover.

    Like the blue books pics too, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 45 hours! That seems really long. I don't think it took that long to read the book, lol. Can you tell I don't listen to audio books?

    ReplyDelete