Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday 2020 - Summer Vibes



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and taken over by That Artsy Girl in 2018. 


Hey bloggers!

I haven't participated in a Top Ten Tuesday since 2017 so I thought it was time to jump back in!

Summer doesn't officially start until later this month but it's definitely hot enough for it here in Florida!

Books That Give Off Summer Vibes


The Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz Kessler(Mermaids make me think of the beach and ocean, and my kiddo keeps asking me to read this.)
Squirm by Carl Hiaasen 
(This and all of his other books give me all the real Florida summer vibes. Our summers are usually rainy and snakes love to come out in wet weather. Plus this one is set during summer!)

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
(Also set
 in Summer, this one is about friendship and the title reminds me of childhood summers chasing 'lightning bugs' all over my yard.)

The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
(This one just makes me think of the ocean!)




The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
The Blue Salt Road by Joanne M. Harris
(More ocean vibes!)




The River by Peter Heller
The Boy From the Woods by Harlan Coben(I personally love outdoor adventures all year but summertime really has me wanting some adventure thrillers.)


Across the Green Grass Fields by Seanan McGuire
(That title makes me think of warm summer days. And I'm just really looking forward to getting through this year so I can read this!)

How about you?
What books give you all the summer vibes?

Follow

13 comments:

  1. Ooh nice picks! These are all new to me ones!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I love all your HOT choices! I'm trying to avoid thinking of the heat, to be honest. I'm not looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. I think I'd love The Tail of Emily Windsnap. Mermaid stories are the best.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that my summer is going to be full of mermaid stories! :D

      Delete
  3. Great list! Here is my TTT.
    https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy hot here in Arizona, too. Yuck. I am not a fan of summer heat :(

    I am a fan of THE ISLAND OF SEA WOMEN. It's a fascinating read.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! I put it on hold on Overdrive recently and hope it comes soon! :D

      Delete
  5. Mermaids are awesome, love the look of the Emily Windsnap books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books definitely give off the summer vibes! ☀️ The Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz Kessler has a beautiful cover.

    Here's my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I agree! The covers in that series all have a very whimsical feel to them!

      Delete
  7. I need to read Firefly Lane.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete