Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #7



Every Tuesday, The Broke and the Bookish hosts a meme called 'Top Ten Tuesday'
 
Top Ten Beach Reads (however YOU define a beach read!)

I personally don't do 'beach reads'. I might live in Florida but I don't live by the beach and I haven't been to the beach in years. Sad, I know. If I did go to the beach, it wouldn't be to lay around on a towel and read. I'd be swimming, walking the boardwalk, or out on a boat. So instead of saying 'beach read', I'll just say 'summer read'. And here's the next problem. I don't do 'summer reads' either. I just read whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't set aside books about people vacationing at their beach homes or books about fleeting summer romances. The only time I set aside any specific types of books to read is during October and those are all dark, creepy, ghost stories or horror novels. The rest of the year I just read anything. I can say that I associate summer with camping, swimming, long bike rides, and adventures in nature but I haven't read books like that since I was a kid (The Boxcar Children, My Side of the Mountain, books by Gary Paulson, etc).
 
So here are the top ten books that I HOPE to read before summer is over.
  1.  
  2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  3. Reboot by Amy Tintera
  4. The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard
  5. The Program by Suzanne Young
  6. A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (I really need to finish this book!)
  7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (I need to read this entire series soon before Feb 2014)
  8. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  9. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
  10. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
 
(Didn't have time to add pictures today. Busy with class, counseling, and a read-a-thon.)
 
Feel free to share your TTT in the comments! 






7 comments:

  1. Great list! Love Game of Thrones & Vampire Academy:)

    MY TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm re-reading Vampire Academy for like the 10th time. I love that series so much! Also love A Storm of Swords...so much happens in that one. I'm about 200 pages into A Feast for Crows, but that's not much considering how long it is! Great list!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been about 500 pages in to A Storm of Swords for months now! I love the series so I don't know why I haven't finished other than being sidetracked by life and other books! I really need to get on it so I can read Vampire Academy! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved Vampire Academy and A torm of Swords (it will blow your mind)!!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I'm trying that "read what I want, when I want" thing out. You have some really awesome books you're endeavoring to read this summer. I hope you get to them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading whatever I want when I want to read it, but I think I might try sticking to a schedule (at least for a little while) in the future so I can get through my review books and all those books that are being turned into movies. I keep getting sidetracked by other books! :)

      Delete
  5. Reboot sounds absolutely amazing. I still have to buy a copy of it though! Great picks and I love your blog. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete