Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #8



Every Tuesday, The Broke and the Bookish hosts a meme called 'Top Ten Tuesday'
 
 
Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List
 
[Sometimes I really regret not looking ahead at the next top ten. Last week was 'Top Ten Beach Reads' but I didn't really like the idea of 'beach reads' so I changed the list a little bit to what books I hoped to read before summer was over. This is not the first time changing or misreading the Top Ten topic has backfired on me.]
 
Here are the books that have been at the top of my to-read pile (not necessarily my 'summer' TBR list) for a while now.
[This is going to backfire on me, isn't it?]
 
  1. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
  2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safron Foer
  3. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wall
  4. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
  5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  6. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
  7. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
  8. A Room with a View by E.M. Forster
  9. The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
  10. Night by Elie Wiesel
 
 
I most likely won't get around to reading any of these before summer is over but I am crossing my fingers on getting at least 5-8 of them read before the year is over. I have high hopes. 

Feel free to leave your TTT in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I loved The Casual Vacancy! I mean, it doesn't sound anything like Harry Potter, and it was made for adults, but I liked the characters and their stories, as well as the dialogues :D And classics! Anna Karenina, Virginia Woolf... yep, love :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I picked up "Night" and "The Alchemist" at the thrift shop ages ago and they've been languishing on my bookshelf ever since. I love Jeanette Walls -- her new book, "The Silver Star" is on my TTT list. I hope you like "A Casual Vacancy" more than I did... I really wanted to love it but I just found it to be so incredibly depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read most of these, but I did think NIGHT was a touching and thought-provoking read. I really enjoyed I CAPTURE THE CASTLE, too.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore 'Anna Karenina'... just love that book. 'Exremely Loud' ripped my heart out in such a good way. I personally had a lot of trouble with 'Mrs. Dalloway', but I'm still glad I worked through it. 'Room With a View' almost made my list too - I'll probably still read it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been eyeing Casual Vacancy for quite some time and I don't know why, but the title of Extremely Loud is enticing. I don't know anything about Cloud Atlas, but I've read all of the rest and know that you will have a great time with this list. Anna Karenina was a bit frustrating for me, but maybe now that I am older I would appreciate it more. She annoyed me to no end, but I made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extremely Loud has been on my shelf for a while now, and I have I Capture The Castle on my Kindle. Now I just need time to read them! I didn't love The Casual Vacancy, but it seems like opinions can really go either way on this one. I love the book and the movie of A Room With A View. Good luck with your TBR pile! Happy reading!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete