Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #70


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR


1. Uprooted by Naomi Novik - This one has top priority  after I read Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I really should have read it already!
2. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman - I'm in the mood for a good historical fiction and demons mixed in sounds like the perfect read. 
3. Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - Now that all three books are out, I can start these and hopefully finish the trilogy before the year is over. 

    

4. Tru & Nelle by G. Neri - This sounds like it is going to be a cute read. It is a fictionalized account of the friendship between Harper Lee and Truman Capote.
5. Neversink by Barry Wolverton - This one is about ananthropomorphized puffin.  This looks like a super cute read as well and I love the cover.
6. The Vanishing Island by Barry Wolverton - The first in a new middle-grade series, this one sounds like a fun historical-fiction adventure with buried treasure.


7. The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos -  I don't usually read contemporary or mystery books but I've got to get out of my comfort zone more often. 
8. Riders by Veronica Rossi - This is a fantasy even though something about it seems like it isn't something I'd usually read. I'd like to give it a chance though.
9. Icons by Margaret Stohl - I haven't read any dystopian novels in a while so hopefully it is worth it!


10. Grayling's Song by Karen Cushman - This is about a girl who's mother starts turning into a tree so she sets off in search of a cure and finds her independence in the process. 

6 comments:

  1. The Queen of the Tearling has been on my maybe list for a while, I didn't realize all three were out. I may read it now knowing that- I hate waiting for the next installments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I'm so tired of starting series that take years to read! I lose interest in them too easily that way. I'm trying to read more series that already have all or most of the sequels out so that doesn't happen anymore.

      Delete
  2. I really need to read The Dark Days Club as well, LOVED Eon and Eona! And Uprooted was really good :) As was Queen of the Tearling! I hope you enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still really need to read The Queen of the Tearling as well! Great picks! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Riders by Veronica Rossi! I've been trying to step into the fantasy world more, and that was such a fabulous book! Enthralling and addicting and now I can't wait for the final book to come out next year. Enjoy! :)
    Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uprooted, The Dark Days Club, and The Queen of the Tearling have all been on my TBR list for a while now, but I really have to be in the mood for those. Though, hearing that all three of the "Tearling" books are out makes me more pumped to read them. I'm a strong believer in letting all of the books come out before diving into a series because I absolutely hate to wait.

    ReplyDelete