Sunday, October 6, 2019

The Sunday Post - 2019 Week 40


The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
and is a chance to share news, both new and old!

Hey there, bloggers!

We went on an impromptu camping trip this week and had a great time. It was hot enough during the day to enjoy the cool springs and cold enough at night to start a bonfire and roast marshmallows. As usual, we saw lots of wildlife, including a juvenile alligator, a gaze of raccoons, and lots of birds, turtles, and snakes. We even found some bear tracks!

Other than that and reading, I've been thrifting for used books, crafting weatherproof bats to hang outdoors for Halloween, and watching whatever spooky film I can fit into my late-night free time.

Currently Reading:
Recently Finished:



Recently posted reviews:

We read and reviewed The Bee Book by Charlotte Milner, which is a fantastic children's nonfiction by DK Books that is all about bees! If Pluto Was A Pea by Gabrielle Prendergast compared the planets in our solar system to everyday items we find on Earth-like marbles and golf balls to help us understand scale and distance. 

I read the first two books in Disney's The Never Girls series, In A Blink and The Space Between by Kiki Thorpe. These are all about the fairies of Never Land, including Tinkerbell, and my daughter loved them! 

I read On Writing by Stephen King recently and thought it was an excellent book on the craft. Very helpful for writers.
I also read and reviewed The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters which is written from Edgar Allan Poe's point of view.

Currently Watching/Recently Watched:
I want to be in full-on horror movie mode right now but I rarely have time to watch anything unless I sacrifice sleep so I've only watched Hocus Pocus, Horns, and an old favorite I still have on VHS, The People Under the Stairs, in the past week or so. 


What I'm Listening To:
I haven't had room to add music to my ipod lately (I don't like music apps because of the ads) so I haven't been as immersed in music as I usually am and I miss it so I've been on the hunt for new stuff and this one gives me all the feels.

Manchester Orchestra - The Silence

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Enjoy your current reads!
Follow

12 comments:

  1. I hope you will find your way over to the Cybils this week and nominate your favorite 2019 kids' books. Maybe your daughter can help you decide what to nominate.

    Stephen King's book On Writing is one of the few I haven't read. I think I need to.

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the reminder about the Cybils!! I will definitely have my daughter help me! :D

      Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. Stephen King book is among best ones ever for writing. Hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I found it incredibly helpful as a writer! :D

      Delete
  3. You've had a great reading week! I saw some children's books I'm definitely interested in reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Pluto Was a Pea sounds like a great book for burgeoning astronomers! We take our grandson outside to gaze at the planets with the help of an app we have on our phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like great family time! We love going out to look at the stars! :D

      Delete
  5. Ooh camping sounds fun. I love a good bonfire with the smell of the woods all around. and bear tracks... wow.

    I've hardly watched or read anything scary- I need to get with the program on October here lol.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :)
      I got started early with my spooky reading this year!

      Delete
  6. On Writing is a terrific book.

    I love camping but we can’t do spontaneous, there is too many of us to organise.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love camping in big groups! It does take a lot of planning though!

      Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great week yourself! :D

      Delete