Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Anticipating April New Releases - Middle-Grade Novels I'm Looking Forward To



Title: The Secret of Dreadwillow Carse
Author: Brian Farrey
Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
Publication Date: April 19, 2016

Quick Summary: 
A princess and a peasant girl must embark on a dangerous quest to outwit a centuries-old warning foretelling the falling of the Monarchy in this modern tale.

Why I'm Interested:
The cover drew me in but it sounds like a mysterious read full of new friendships and dark secrets. The promise of a toppled monarchy and the chaos that should ensue has me intrigued.

Read the full summary on Goodreads!





Title: Shadow Magic
Author: Joshua Khan
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: April 12, 2016

Quick Summary:
Thorn, a slave, is sold and ushered off to Castle Gloom where Lily Shadow, orphaned princess, is being forcibly engaged to Gabriel Solar from Lumien. An unlikely friendship is forged as Thorn and Lily attempt to get to the bottom of a poisoning, a murder, and a mysterious scarred man who is raising the dead in Gehenna.

Why I'm Interested:
I've already read this one and it was really good. There's magic, a dark creepy castle, a giant bat, murder, mystery, zombies, and more. It's definitely a book I would love to have on my shelves!

Find more about this land of light and dark on Goodreads!



Title: Red: The True Story of Red Riding Hood
Author: Liesl Shurtliff
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: April 12, 2016

Quick Summary:
Red is not afraid of the big bad wolf but she is afraid of magic. When her grandmother falls ill, she goes on a quest to find the cure.

Why I'm Interested:
I don't read enough retellings and I've never read a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. With elements from other children's tales such as Goldilocks, Beast's castle, and more, this sounds like a fun romp through tales from my childhood.

Find out more about this retelling on Goodreads!



Are there any middle-grade novels coming out soon that you are interested in reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment