Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Sunday Post #16


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

It has been a somewhat eventful week for me. I finally changed by header (if you hadn't noticed). I honestly don't know how I went three years with the old one. It got to a point where I just overlooked it because I don't have any editing programs and little time to bother but I finally did something about it! So, yay!
I participated in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon for the first time and did much better than I thought I would despite the distractions. 

We took my daughter to a petting zoo earlier this week because she loves animals. She waved and said 'Hi, I love you.' to just about every animal we saw. She especially loved the miniature ponies.
It rained all day on Earth Day so we didn't get to do much that day which was a little disappointing. In the past I've made a point to do something every year for Earth Day whether it was an awesome camping trip, a long hike, cleaning up a highway, or planting a tree. This year we just drew flowers on the porch with chalk.
And today I will be attending a birthday party! Hurray for getting out of the house and doing things! 

This Past Week On The Blog
Picture Book Review: Moon Rabbit
Coming Soon
Book Blasts & Giveaways

Books I Finished This Week


What I'm Currently Reading
Nothing! But I will be starting these tonight.


(physical book)
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Finally. I've been putting this off for too long. I mean to finish the series this year.

(ebook)
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Yes, I'm having Throne of Glass withdrawals. I'm not sure if I should have read this before continuing the series but better late than never.

What I'm Watching 
inspired by Greg from Book Haven

This isn't new but I just came across it yesterday and it's super cute and funny. 

12 comments:

  1. Hey I like the new header! Looks nice. And congrats on Dewey's- I keep thinking I'll do that read a thon but something always comes up. Sorry earth Day was rainy- that's cool you guys have a tradition though of doing stuff on that day. :)

    Thanks for the mention too! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that HP clip too, yesterday, and it's really well done!
    Have a great time at your birthday party today, plus a great week ahead.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sounds so cute at the petting zoo! My kids love anything animals. Hope you enjoy Cress - I love that series! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The header looks wonderful! I look forward to seeing what you thought of the Dark Days Club!
    I'm glad the readathon went well too - that's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved petting zoos as a kid! The horses were always my favorite too. :) I hope that you enjoy Cress! I haven't read Winter yet, but Cress is my favorite so far. Hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your header! And that Harry Potter video is awesome! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe your little one is adorable. I love the skyline of books header. It has been two years today that I had my blog designed. Ha love the Potter video.I hope this week brings lots of sunshine and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your new header. I keep meaning to do a blog makeover but still not ready. Mine is so me. LOL Lovely books this week. Looks like we enjoy some of the same authors.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kinda bummed I didn't do anything on Earth Day outside. I was so busy inside doing chores. I did plant some new grass this weekend so hey, there's something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry it was raining on Earth Day; it's nice you normally try and do something. That is so cute about the petting zoo and your daughter! Those are usually quite fine - I love seeing the animals too. haha

    Yay for taking part in the read-a-thon. I didn't sign up, but I did try and do some fun cheerleading on Twitter just to pump people up! :) I really need to do a read-a-thon though - it's been forever.

    Hope you like Cress! I just have Winter to read; hopefully very soon.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your new header! I just changed mine about two weeks ago, but now I need to figure out how to change the background because it doesn't match my new header. Great books this week. I still need to start the Throne of Glass series.
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete