Saturday, April 23, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

I meant to post this sooner but I spent most of my time last night creating my new blog header so I'm behind, as usual. 

I am currently participating in this since it's past 8am and am taking a little reading break to catch up on listing my goals, what I'm reading, and do the mini challenges. I am only going to make this one post and update it throughout the day with my progress and my wrap up.

Goals
I never really do good with short read-a-thons but I am determined to try and finish The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (left off at page 302 out of 482) and read Grayling's Song by Karen Cushman (224 pages) in it's entirety today. 


Challenges

Intro Meme
1. What part of the world are you reading from?
Florida, but nowhere near a beach.
2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm hoping to finish The Dark Days Club so I can start Assassin's Blade or Cress.
3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Cookies but I don't have any. :(
4. Tell us a little something about yourself!
I have a toddler who isn't going to let me read much today.
5. First readathon? What are you looking forward to?
Nap time! It's probably going to be the only part of the day that I get some uninterrupted reading time. 
(I decided to do the challenges in the comments of the posts like everyone else!)
----------
Interruptions!
Ok, so my darling little daughter decided that today was the day to only take a 25 minute nap ONCE. Usually she takes 2 naps and they are least an hour each. And because she refused the second nap she was super fussy and wanted all of my attention! But I put her to bed early (by 8)  and was able to finish The Dark Days Club and get half way through Grayling's Song.

WRAP UP

1. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (180 pages read during the RaT)
2. Grayling's Song by Karen Cushman (___ pages)



No comments:

Post a Comment