Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #75 - Funny Haha!



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Funny(ish?) Books I'd Like To Read

I don't read enough books that make me laugh so instead I've decided to list funny books that I'd like to read. At least they seem like they would be funny. If you've read any of these and know that they aren't actually going to make me laugh, let me know in the comments please! 


1. Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson - This one just looks funny. I love this cover!
2. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - I can't believe I haven't read this yet. 
3. Hyperbole and A Half by Allie Brosh - I don't know much about this one but I remember a lot of people talking about it. 
4. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson - I love this cover and it sounds pretty good, too. 


5. Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple - Another I don't know much about but have seen people say they enjoyed it. 
6. Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore - I picked this one up at the book sale last week. I've read a book by Moore before that wasn't very funny but I'm hoping that this one is. 
7. Stiff by Mary Roach - Is it weird that I sort of once knew a woman named Mary Roach who just happens to be a 'Stiff'? Too insensitive? Oops. 
8. Yes Please by Amy Poehler - This was a tie between Poehler, Tina Fey, and Chelsea Handler. All seem like they'd be at least a little laugh worthy. 



9. Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn - I have no idea is this is funny but the title gets me. I'm just imagining the joke that is the life of a girl named Ella Minnow Pea. Poor kid. 
10. Go The Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach - I can't help myself. I'd probably crack up laughing trying to read this to my kiddo. 

Since I'm obviously in need of funny book recs, please lease a link to your Top Ten Tuesday for me to check out your lists! Thank you! :) 
-----------
Also, it was my 3 year blogiversary this week and I'm celebrating with TWO GIVEAWAYS!  They are very low entry so go check them out! 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these either, but I'd love to read The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy too. I just know I'd find it hilarious.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you should totally read, Where'd You Go Bernadette. It's a great read! :)
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP is amazing, it's just so brilliant! XD I crack up every time I read over it haha. I might consider reading it to kids, depending on how badly behaved they were and/or how pissed off and sleepy I was haha. Awesome list!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really really need to read Jenny Lawson's books! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Moore's books as well as Jenny Lawson. Her blog is a hoot. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this weeks topic, I am such a fan of books that can make me laugh. You've got some great picks this weeks, and I am definitely going to add a few of these to my own TBR. Thanks for the recommendations! :) You can check out my picks here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Hitchhiker's either so don't feel bad, although I did start it once. I just got sidetracked and never finished it. Hyperbole and a Half looks hilarious, I've seen some of her stuff on her blog and it is pretty funny, even when she addresses serious topics. And Amy Poehler I always think is funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great book list. I don't usually read funny books and I never find good ones. These are good recommendations for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these books except Yes, Please, but I will most definitely be checking some of them out! Furiously Happy, for example seems like an entertaining read. :D Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read Yes Please! I've been meaning to since it came out.

    ReplyDelete