Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #74



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Books Every Fantasy Lover Should Read
(Well, 8...)

{Covers link to Goodreads}


Uprooted by Naomi Novik
I'm currently reading this and I don't know how it ends yet but I still really love it so far. It's better than a lot of fantasies I've read (excluding what is on this list maybe) so I'd definitely recommend it.


The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
 These are really good (the sequels more so than the 1st book) and I definitely recommend to YA fantasy readers. 


The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
 It's been too long since I read this and the sequel. I'm planning on a reread soon so I can read the 3rd and 4th book. 


The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
This is a children's classic that my mother gave to me when I was a little girl and I adore it so much! There's a cartoon film adaptation of it as well that I love!


Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
I read this for the first time just a few years ago but it is just as good and better than the movie!


The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore
I originally read the Icewind Dale trilogy by him first (also starring his Drow [dark elf] character Drizzt) but I loved the Dark Elf trilogy. It's one of those extensive fantasy series that have many different books in different series but with the same characters. So good, though! I love his battle scenes! 



The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
Yes, they are a bit dense and difficult to read at first but they are so worth it. This is such an amazing story and it's no wonder this classic fantasy series has been so popular for decades. 


Last but not least, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. 
If you aren't already aware, this is the prequel to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. 
This was one of my very first fantasy reads and I fell in love with it and Middle Earth!

By the way, I'm going to have a Hobbit themed GIVEAWAY for my blogiversary on Friday if you are interested! 

---------
Do you have any fantasy favorites that aren't in my list? I'd LOVE some recommendations!
Feel free to link to your TTT in the comments! 

8 comments:

  1. This is a very good list! I hope to read the George MacDonald book soon and I've read Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Thank you!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/04/inspiring-books-about-inspiring-people.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've included the Drizzt books! I love that series and I really want to read some of the more recent releases.

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read Scott Lynch's books for ages! And I love Diana Wynne Jones and Tolkien! Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list!! I may have read The Hobbit decades ago, but don't remember anything of it, so should make time to read it.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great picks! I read some Salvatore back in high school but I haven't read all the Drizzt books- I have a friend who loves 'em though and reads every one. I keep hearing good stuf about Locke Lamora too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Throne of Glass series, glad to see you do too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/top-ten-tuesday-52/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with Throne of Glass for sure! I've also been seeing Uprooted around more recently and I love the cover so looks like I'll be adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I've only read The Lord of the Rings so far and I adore them. I can't wait to read The Hobbit and I'd love to read Throne of Glass. Howl's Moving Castle is one of my friends favourite so I feel I need to read that too. Thanks for visiting me.

    Lauren @ My Expanding Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete