Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Reading Goals

 

First of all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I can't believe we are already in a new year! These past couple of years have flown by!
My baby girl is no longer a baby; now she's a little terror of a toddler who LOVES story time. Other than her growing like a sunflower, not much else has really changed. I'm still trying to get my reading in during the middle of the night, causing me to get even less sleep than I would originally with a baby who never sleeps through the night.

Last year I set my goal to a very small (for me) 25 books and I reached it by... October, I think. I'd LOVE to set that goal to about 30 this year, and I will, but I really don't know if I'll be able to reach that. Last year I had plenty of middle of the night time to read while nursing and this year I hope to actually be getting some flipping sleep. It's probably just wishful thinking, though.

And now for the unrealistic goals and challenges!
(Because there are just too many books that I want to read!)

Disclaimer:
Some of these goals are carried on from last year's goals because I just never got around to them.

Key
* = a book I physically own

BOOK TO MOVIES ADAPTATIONS
(because reading the book first is always ideal)

Already a movie:

Madame Bovary

Gone Girl
The Crucible*
Anna Karenina
Room*

Upcoming movie adaptations:
The Light Between Oceans*
Not A Drop To Drink
Dark Places*
The Sound and the Fury*
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
The Darkest Minds
Me Before You*
The Great Gilly Hopkins
The Girl on the Train
The Girl With All The Gifts
Ready Player One

TV/Mini-series Adaptations: 
War and Peace
The Sword of Shannara
Thirteen Reasons Why*
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1)

1001 Books To Read Before You Die List

The Crucible*
Never Let Me Go*
Through the Looking Glass
The Sound and the Fury*



1001 Books To Read Before You Grow Up List
(These will most likely be read aloud to my daughter but are more substantial than picture books and therefore will probably be counted towards my 25 books)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time*
Harriet the Spy*
Through the Looking Glass
Black Beauty*
The Borrowers*
Caddie Woodlawn*
Little House on the Prairie*
Little House in the Big Woods*
Watership Down*
The Phantom Tollbooth*


For Review
(I should really put these first!)

The Warded Man*
Assassin's Apprentice*
The Darkening Dream*
Uprooted by Naomi Novak*
Lock & Mori

Riders*

Banned Books

The Absolute True Story of a Part-Time Indian*
Eleanor & Park


Sequels

Cress
Winter
Wednesdays in the Tower
Thursdays With the Crown
The House of Hades
Blood of the Olympians

Serafina and the Twisted Staff\
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)
City of Thirst (Map to Everywhere #2)


OTHER GOALS:

- Read 5 Books Published in 2015
- Read 5 Books Published in 2016

- Participate in at least one read-a-thon
- The ABC Challenge
-Netgalley Challenge (Read at least 10 books)
- Finish at least 3 series!

------

What are your goals for the year?

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year to you!! Good luck with your reading goals this year. :-) I read The Absolute True Story of a Part-Time Indian a few years ago now and loved this book.

    ReplyDelete