Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Sunday Post #1


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

This is my very first Sunday Post.
I was looking for some way to personalize a blog post without just dedicating a whole post about my life beyond books and I think this is the perfect way to do that. It may take me a few tries to really get the hang of it. 

Just in case I have a new reader, I will introduce myself.
My name is Stacy Renee. Reading is my biggest passion, followed by writing and all forms of art (and crafts). I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful one year old girl who loves story time at the library, being read to by her daddy and I, loves looking at books on her own, and even signs 'books'. My time is now dedicated to her but I squeeze a little reading in for myself late at night. So be prepared for some children's book related stories in the future. 

This Past Week On The Blog



Coming Soon

ABC Challenge
BOOK REVIEW: Behind the Canvas by Alexander Vance
BOOK REVIEW: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Other Bookish News


I set my Goodreads goal to 150 books. I set it high because I am working my way through the '1001 Books to Read Before You Grow Up' list and am starting with the picture books that I read to my daughter. My own personal goal is to read at least 35 non-picture books.


I joined Edelweiss this week since I signed up for the Netgalley and Edelweiss challenge. I've requested one book but I'm not sure how long it takes to get a reply or if they reply or how to even tell if my request was accepted. It's a bit harder to navigate than Netgalley, especially since I'm a visual person and there are just soooo many different links, etc but I will figure it out eventually. If you have any tips I'd be very appreciative! 


What I'm Reading

    

The Adventures of Lettie Peppercorn is a cute and fun middle-grade fantasy from Netgalley.
 Madame Bovary is making me wish I hadn't started it. Something about it is giving me very negative thoughts. I may put it aside as soon as my books on hold come in.

New Children's Books WE Read This Week




LIFE STORIES

I saved this for last because by now you are all probably ready to move on to other posts and also because my life can be boring but I'd like to blog about it somewhere.

We had a few doctor's appointments this week, we went to story time at the library, and we boiled Cajun style peanuts. Yum!
I garden and grow my own veggies (though I'm still a beginner at it) and harvested broccoli from my garden for the first time this week! It was delicious! I've also got a few strawberries growing! I've tried both broccoli and strawberries in the past with no success so I'm a bit excited about it. I planted a ton of onions yesterday.

I also grow a lot of milkweed and always have caterpillars on them and a monarch butterfly or two flying around the yard every day. Living in Florida means warm weather all year round which is great for the butterflies. I even got to watch one turn into a chrysalis over the length of the day yesterday. I would have taken some pictures but it rained in the afternoon.

I will try to include some photos in the future but right now I'm stuck under a napping toddler and can't get to my camera!

-------

Well, hopefully I did okay with that!
Have a great week, readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment