Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunday Post #49 - A Windy Week

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

It has been a very blustery week. Apparently, we had tornado warnings, which is pretty damn rare in Florida. It was so crazy windy that I'm surprised we didn't have any trees come down. Others north of us weren't so lucky though. :( 
It's cooling off again. We were outside playing in the water earlier this week and now we are all bundled up under blankets again.  

What you might have missed:
I wasn't able to get many posts up this week but I did share all the books I've received in the past month or so as well as the Top Ten Series I'd Like to Start in 2017. I also shared a quick review for The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket, though I'm undecided on how to review the rest of the books in the series. I'm contemplating reviewing them batches of threes instead of one at a time. 

As for what you can look forward to seeing; it's the end of the month so I'll have a wrap up and my February TBR up this week and I'm working on an updated 'books to movies list'. 

Books I Finished This Week:

These were all fantastic! I'm still dying to see Fantastic Beasts. 

Currently Reading:

I started The Neverending Story earlier this month but set it aside to read Outlander so I'm racing to finish it before the month is over. I'm reading The Bone Witch on ebook. 

Currently Watching: 

Poldark
I just picked up season 1 from the library. It's a BBC Masterpiece Theater British drama series. I only just found out today that it is based off of a book series. Of course. I'm really enjoying it though.

Are you guys watching anything good on Netflix? I feel like I've reached the limit on what to watch on there.
I hope you all have a great week! 

12 comments:

  1. I've actually been looking for something new to watch on Netflix too. I watched Stranger Things and Galavant lately. lol! I haven't decided what I want to start next. Too many options! I've got a copy of The Bone Witch too! I've heard a lot of really good things about it so far. I also have A Court of Thorns and Roses, but haven't started it yet. I'm trying to finish The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer before I start another new series. lol

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles. I made a point to finish that series last year before starting any new series.
      I've seen Stranger Things but didn't know Galavant is on Netflix. I'll have to go add that. I've heard it's comical. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww man! I hate tornado warnings!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was out of nowhere! I don't think I've ever had a tornado warning that I've actually worried about before. This one was too close for comfort.
      Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul. I hate tornados. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Poldark. I will be starting Bone Season soon. I hope it is good. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it bad that I've watched the entire first season twice in the past week? Haha :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh tornado warnings. We get them up here in the north sometimes in the summer. Glad you avoided any damage. We got a little windy last week too but nothing like that.

    I have the same problem on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started Frontier but unless they add something new soon, I'll be back to re-watching Supernatural. Haha. I should probably just try Hulu.

      Delete
  6. I only got Netflix in November so have so much catching up to do. I'm working my way through a few series but need to pull back a little as I think I'm spending too much time watching TV lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it for years. Can't beat $8 a month (although I think the price went up this past year.) I've been thinking about getting Hulu but I probably shouldn't if I want to get any reading done! :)

      Delete