Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Sunday Post #46 - Happy New Year!


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

Happy new year!!!!
I hope you all had a lovely night and aren't too hung over to enjoy the first day of the new year.
(Book hangovers count, of course.)

I'm attempting to start the new year off right by remembering to write up my Sunday Post! Yay! Now I can strike that off my to-do list. :)


I was gone most of Saturday and was not able to type up the extensive Stacking the Shelves post I meant to share since I've accumulated quite a few books and bookish things this month so I'm just going to do a quick recap via photos right here. :)

Thrift store hauls that are mixed together a bit.

A photo posted by Lazy Day Lit (@lazydaylit) on
My Christmas haul. 
My hubby spoiled me quite a bit this year. He got me the 2nd illustrated Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, the 3 funko pops, the HP cauldron mug, and the TOG coloring book. The 4 books on the left are from my sister and mother and the book marks were handpainted by my sister. The book washi tape was a little stocking stuffer gift to myself. :)

This Past Week On The Blog
I shared a list of the 100 books I read in 2016 on listchallenges.
I reviewed Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Coming Soon
My January TBR, my goals and resolutions, a few challenges I'm participating in... you know, the obligatory beginning of the year posts. Plus a couple of long awaited reviews! 

Books I Finished This Week

What I'm Currently Reading

 I'm fighting to keep my eyes open as I type this so I'm just going to leave you with a Happy New Year and a heartfelt wish that 2017 will be amazing for you all! 

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could be the proud announcer of a non-hangover New Years Day but nope :)
    wow I love all your books. We must have similar taste in books. I just sent you a GR friend request. Happy New Year Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been entirely sober for about 4 years now so my hangover was definitely bookish! Haha.
      Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Lots of new pretties to start the year off right. No hangover here. I stayed in and read. Perfect end and beginning. Happy New year!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed up reading as well! I agree that it was the perfect way to end 2016 and begin 2017! :)

      Delete
  3. Funko Pops for the win ha ha! Nice haul lots of bookish goodies! Hope you had a great New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to get a bit obsessed with the Funkos! I want more now! Haha!
      Happy New Year, Greg! :D

      Delete
  4. Matched was a good book but I didn't enjoy the rest of the trilogy.
    Please check out some of my recent posts:
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/city-of-lost-souls-review
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/city-of-fallen-angels-review
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/one-moment-review
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/what-light-review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've honestly had no interest in reading Matched by my sister enjoyed it and had an extra copy. I might give it a try sooner or later just to see if my initial response to the synopsis was founded. :)

      Delete
  5. I think I spotted Ugly Love up there. Hope you love that one, and good job Hubby! Hope you have a great week and a happy new year!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the Harry Potter cauldron mug! It looks like you got a great haul this year!

    ReplyDelete