Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #99 - Series I'd Like to Start in 2017


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week is a freebie!

Top Ten Series I'd Like to Start (And Maybe Even Finish) in 2017


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - This one is cheating a bit considering that I just finished this book. But it's a series I started this year so it counts. 
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I've started this one but I'm not very far into it. 
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket - I've already read this one this month, too, but I plan on reading this entire series in the next few months. 


The Passage by Justin Cronin - I've heard really good things about this trilogy. 
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - I haven't actually decided if I'm going to start this or the Mistborn series by Brandan Sanderson. I feel like it has to be one or the other and not both in the same year. I at least own this one but it has fewer books in the series out so I'm having a hard time choosing. 
The Falconer by Elizabeth May - I may have a hard time getting my hands on the sequels to this one right away but I really want to read it anyway. 


Air Awakens by Elise Kova - I read The Alchemists Loom last month and now I am dying to start this series so I don't have such a big wait between books. 
Red Rising by Pierce Brown - This is another one of those books that I haven't heard a single bad thing about and it's been sitting on my shelf for half a year so I need to read it.
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - Once upon a time I heard a rumor that this will be adapted into a movie starring Emma Watson. I'm not sure if that's still in the works but I still want to read it. 


A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet - This probably isn't the best choice considering there's only one book out so far but I own it and I want to read it. 


How about you? Are there any series you are planning on starting or finishing this year? 

11 comments:

  1. Great list! I need to starts Outlander, Red Rising and The Queen of the Tearling too! I feel like I'm missing out and I even own all three of them. I need to continue with ACOTAR too as I've only read the first.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outlander was amazing. I have a major book hangover right now because of it and ACOTAR, which I know so many people loved, is pretty dull in comparison. I'm hesitant to continue the Outlander series right now because of their length though!

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice! I need to get caught up in ACOTAR too! Loved the first book, haven't read the second for some reason! Too intimidating? Not enough time to put sole focus onto it? Something like that! Still need to start Amanda Bouchet's too! Sounds like my kind of read! Excellent picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty thick books! I love Sarah J. Maas though so I think they are worth it. I've set ACOTAR aside for a few days so I can get over my last read (Outlander) which has put me into a book hangover. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the Outlander series!! I haven't finished rading the series, but hope to at some point in time.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-freebie-top-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Falconer I've been curious about for a long time.

    The Queen of the Tearling was good but I DNF's the second- go figure! But an Emma Watson movie I'd go to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! The Name of the Wind is one of my favorite fantasy series. I think you should definitely read it, but maybe wait until the third book has an actual release date, lol.

    I also love the Red Rising Series. Now is the perfect time to start, since the sequel series comes out this year!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Passage is a great series. I hope you get a change to read it. I haven't read any of the others though - but like you, I've heard good things. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this is a good list! I've read ACOTAR, Name of the Wind, and the Falconer and can HIGHLY recommend them. (For The Falconer, though, make sure you have book 2 already before you start? It's pretty much one of the worst cliff-hangers in the world and since I didn't have book 2, I've gone on strike).

    I also would like to get started on Outlander, Red Rising, and Amanda Bouchet (in general).

    Hope you enjoy your 2017 reads!

    ~ Michell @ FaerieFits

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh yes, you need to read ACOTAR, Series of Unfortunate Events, and The Falconer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy A Series of Unfortunate Events, I loved those books when I was a kid!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-93/

    ReplyDelete