Saturday, February 20, 2016

Love-a-thon Introductions


This is my first time participating in the Love-a-thon and I hope to meet a lot of new bloggers!

What is your name?

Stacy Renee

Where in the world are you blogging from?

Florida  (It really is a sunny place for shady people.)

How did you get into blogging in the first place?

I started sharing reviews on Tumblr ages ago but wanted something a little more flexible.

How did you come up with your blog name?

I really enjoy days that I can do nothing but read and spent a lot of time lazing around in my hammock so that was what I reflected on when choosing a name. 

What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?

Fantasy. Mostly in middle-grade and young adult.
I read a wide array of genres and age groups but I tend to review these more. Lately, I've been reviewing picture books as well because I read a ton of them to my one year old. 

What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from your reviews?

I love joining in on the features that other bloggers have created such as Top Ten Tuesday, Stacking the Shelves, and recently, The Sunday Post. I put up a Freebie Friday every week now with new Amazon freebies. I also started a Children's Books Review Roundup where I do mini-reviews on several picture books in one post. 

Best blogging experience so far?

Just blogging, in general, has been a great experience. I enjoy sharing my thoughts on books and seeing what others think about them as well. 

Favorite thing about the blogging community?

That we have all come together with our love of reading and have created an online community where we can be nerds, fangirl, and basically just gab over our reading addictions. 

Name the 5 books you are most excited for in 2016!




Name 5 books that you want to read in 2016 that you didn't get to in previous years!




What's an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?

I'm not sure if it's underrated but I think everyone should read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

Which book boy or girl would be your BFF?

 I think Luna Lovegood would make a great friend. I like interesting people.

Which book boy or girl would be your bookish boyfriend/girlfriend?

I don't usually think of fictional characters in that way (I know, I know, it's all the rage right now!) but if I had to choose, I'd say Chaol Westfall from the Throne of Glass series. I'm reading Crown of Midnight right now and love his character.

Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad? (5 Characters max)

1. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter because who wouldn't want a genius witch in their squad?
2. Chaol Westfall from Throne of Glass because he's loyal, a leader, and badass.
3.
4.
5.

Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?

I'm a right-brained creative soul with a lot of art-related hobbies.
 I love art, arts & crafts, writing, and photography.
I love nature and trees and being outdoors.
I garden and grow my own vegetables. 

Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

Clothes, pretty paper-products, oddities, and craft supplies.

At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song - and it's your song. 
What song would be playing?

I listen to classic rock more than anything and DJ's don't usually play that kind of music! I do listen to some indie rock and chillwave type of stuff but just to be random, my song is:
'Lovely Bloodflow' by Baths

Pick out either a book that you want to be turned into a film/TV show,
or a film/TV show that you want to be turned into a book.

I'd love to see 'The Night Circus' turned into a movie but I'm afraid that it won't turn out like I expected! 

What would your dream library look like?

Spiral staircases, floor to ceiling built-in bookshelves, and floor to ceiling windows between the shelves on one or two walls that look out on a bright and cheerful forest and let in lots of natural light to read by.  There would be french doors that led outside so I could read in my hammock on beautiful days.  There would be a few super comfy chairs to lounge on and music playing softly in the background.

An author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?

I'd love to sit and talk to Patricia McKillip.She writes such vibrant and beautiful fantasy novels and I'd love to pick her brain about what inspires her.

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Into the Dim either! I have a copy so I'm hoping to get to it soon. Also, Ready Player One is one of my favorites!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to starting Ready Player One! The cover originally put me off but I've only heard amazing things about it. :)
      Thank you so much for the visit!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Chaol!!! Seriously love. :D I still have yet to read the The Nigh Circus even though everyone seems to love it. Happy Read-A-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People usually either really love or really hate The Night Circus but I think if you like fantasy at all, you will love it!
      And Chaol is totally swoon-worthy (and I don't usually say that about book characters)!
      Thank you so much for the visit!

      Delete
  3. CHAOL CHAOL CHAOL! I'm so happy seeing all of the love for him <3 He's a great character, and I really love him in spite of the flaws he does have. And I hope you get a chance to go to a book event/expo one day. It's definitely something! Happy Love-a-Thon, and so glad you joined in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd LOVE to go to a book event some day! I'm only 2-3 hours away from Orlando and I'm sure there's at least a signing or two going on there every so often but I'll have to wait til my daughter is a little older attempt it! Thank you so much for hosting the Love-a-thon!

      Delete
  4. Hello! Love-A-Thon hopping. I am supper excited for The Cursed Child, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting! I absolutely adore your blog!

      Delete
  5. Hello! Love-A-Thon hopping. I am supper excited for The Cursed Child, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have still yet to read Ready Player One, Cress, and Phantom Tollbooth too. All reads that everybody loves, and I'm hoping I love them as well!

    ReplyDelete