Thursday, February 11, 2016

Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge & 24 Hour Readathon


The March 2016 'Take Control of your TBR Pile' Challenge is hosted by CaffeinatedBookReviewer

For the entire month of March, you focus on your TBR pile with this challenge. Ebooks, audiobooks, or physical books. The point is to work towards cleaning off your shelves, finishing some series or trilogies, etc.  

This challenge begins March 1 and ends March 31st  at midnight.

You can find the rules and sign up HERE.


My Goals & TBR Pile

I've been reading a lot of ebooks from my Kindle, Overdrive, and Netgalley lately so this is a great opportunity and motivation to tackle my physical pile. I have a quite a few children's chapter books in my pile that I need to read for my 1001 Books to Read Before You Grow Up challenge. It's a personal challenge and not run through a blog but I'm thinking about starting an actual challenge for it next year if anyone is interested. I read a lot of picture books from the list to my daughter but need to focus on getting some of those juvenile/middle-grade chapter books that I own read. I will still be reading them out loud to my daughter so it will take a bit longer than just reading them by myself.  I will still be reading ebooks as well since it's easier for me to read at night when the kiddo is sleeping. I also have 2 books to read for review that won't count towards this challenge.

    



The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (256 pages)
The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paerson (148 pages)
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin (209 pages)
The Adventures of Maya the Bee by Waldemar Bonsels (248 pages)
The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox (176 pages)
The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White (272 pages)

Here's my TBR shelf!


----------



The 24 Hour Readathon coincides with the Challenge but anyone can join in even if they aren't participating in the challenge.

You can sign up HERE!

Don't forget to use the Twitter and Instagram hashtag: 

#TakeControlTBR

1 comment:

  1. Excited you are joining in, and it looks like you have a plan of attack! Go forth and conquer :)

    ReplyDelete