Saturday, September 17, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #73 - Birthday Haul

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by TYNGA'S REVIEWS that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review.
----------------

It has been a pretty great birthday week. My husband surprised me with the illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone as well as the Quidditch Harry and Hagrid Funkos. Then he took me to Barnes & Noble after dinner (which is a long drive so that's definitely a big thing) where I basically wished I was a millionaire got one of the Dark Crystal Funko Pops that I've been eyeing. 
I wish I had taken more pictures to show you guys all the great details on this Funko. It's just so detailed! I love it. 

 I finally ordered a copy of 'The Girl Who Drank the Moon' by Kelly Barnhill because I loved it so much that I needed it for my shelves and so I can read it to my daughter when she is a little older. I also got a few other books that have been sitting on my wishlist for years. The Neverending Story was a must but the other two were kind of on a whim. I love Ray Bradbury's darker stuff so I got The Halloween Tree hoping that it will be amazing. I also got The Pumpkin House by Chad P. Brown because the cover artist is my favorite. That's probably not the best reason to buy a book but I'm always willing to add to my horror shelf. 

I also got a couple of books for Lovebug. They are both quite beautiful. 

BORROWED
The Happiest Toddler on the Block: How to Eliminate the Tantrums and Raise a Patient, Respectful, and Cooperative One- to Four-Year-Old by Harvey Karp, M.D.
Because when there is no 'village', the best way to figure out this parenting thing is to read some books. 

Did you add anything good to your shelves this week? I'd love to see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment